We started Brave HQ with the intention of creating a working environment that was family friendly and had a home away from home comfort. We see people of all ages but tend to appeal to the young and young at heart. Our unique focus is our cross disciplinary work with tutors who provide support for young people who need tailored educational support (2E, gifted, ADHD, ASD, high achievers, and those with significant learning challenges). The ideal psychologists to join our team will have a distinctive mix of personality, skills and interest areas that optimise our ability to direct the right clients to.
Our rooms are bright and thoughtfully furnished to be functional for all forms of psychological work (individual, couple, group, presentation, testing, etc). The work we do requires regular self care and this is at the heart of our layout. Our work attire is Team downtime spaces include full kitchen, indoor dining area, and two outdoor spaces with seating, lounge and BBQ. The garden is full of fruits, herbs and vegetables and there are hammocks among the shady grassed areas. We are five minutes walk to the beach, great food and coffee, and an IGA. We are also minutes from childcare centres, Edithvale train station, bus terminals, major roads, highways, and Eastlink.
If you are getting good feels from how Brave HQ looks and sounds so far, please consider contacting us. We are currently seeking psychologists of all varieties for contractor positions as our practice in Edithvale is expanding due to demand in the area.
Child/Adolescent and Family Psychologist
Multiple contracting positions, details TBA.
Brave HQ is seeking a fully registered psychologist to work 1-2 days per week with primary school aged children and their support system presenting with varied psychological issues. The school and its staff are well informed in supporting students and is a Kids Matter certified school. We have been working with them for over two years and have a great relationship with their supportive leadership team.
The caseload is between 20-25 students varying over the year
Proficiency to work with the following issues:
- Anxiety disorders
- Family separation and divorce
- Secondary behavioural, social and emotional issues
- Diagnostic assessment if diagnosis is not clear
Familiarity of working systemically.
Delivery of group interventions as needed.
Willingness to have a close working relationship with school staff and parents as needed.
Communication with GPs and paediatricians on intervention progress according to Medicare requirements.
- Full AHPRA registration
- Insurance including professional indemnity and public liability cover
- Undergo police check
- Working With Children’s Check
- Mobile phone
- Enjoyment of working independently with minimal supervision
- Clear concise communication skills
- A friendly approachable demeanour
- Two years’ experience working with children of primary school age
- Willingness to work in the role for a minimum of 12-24 months to provide stability and continuity of care
What we provide
All materials needed including:
- An established client caseload with continued referrals
- iPad for digital note taking including large game library
- School kit includes a range of intervention materials and anything you’re likely to need
- Portable lockable suitcase for case files and intervention materials
- Extensive digital library to support professional development and client work
- Extensive library of diagnostic and psychometric assessment tools
- Online booking software
- Comfortable dedicated therapeutic space within the school
- Individual supervision with an AHPRA registered supervisor
New graduates are encouraged to apply, but will need to have work and placement experience with young children presenting with a range of issues.
Job Type: Casual. This position is funded through Medicare bulk billing, NDIS, or private payments from parents. Medicare billing is completed through the standard onsite fee of $84.80 which complies with Medicare requirements of working regularly from a school location.
Salary: $40 to $50 /hour plus super, 9am – 3.30pm
Fill out the form below to register your interest in working with us.
We are currently seeking suitable tutors and senior tutors. If you are overly educated, patient, personable, and encouraging, with a love of learning, you are encouraged to apply. Read the position descriptions below and fill out an application if you would like to apply. For further information about our tutoring services, head to tutoring.bravehq.com.au
The Brave HQ Tutoring Philosophy
All our tutors are professionals who continue to expand their knowledge base and resources to better develop and broaden their clients’ intellectual horizons. They have chosen to excel in one-on-one facilitated remediation, study assistance, and extension. They understand how to combine mentoring and instruction to develop their student’s learning potential.
We have three types of tutors at Brave HQ, distinguished by achieving our unique mastery criteria:
- Up to six months of part-time/casual one-to-one tutoring experience.
- Developing skills with secondary and/or primary school students with simple support requirements.
- Limited knowledge of content outside specific subject matter.
- Are currently enrolled in university undergraduate studies relevant to subject area of tuition provided.
- Minimum of two years’ part time/casual one-to-one tutoring experience.
- Proficient skills with secondary and/or primary school students with a range of needs.
- Developing skills in specialist intervention programs for primary and secondary students.
- Have completed university undergraduate studies.
- Minimum experience equivalent to five years full-time or ten years part time, one-to-one tutoring.
- Advanced skills:
- assisting secondary and/or primary school students with a wide range of needs,
- in instruction for multiple subject areas,
- delivering specialist tuition for both remediation and extension, and
- providing career and educational counselling in relation to future goals.
- Completion of, or enrolment in, university post-graduate studies.
- Work experience and/or continued involvement in societies relating to their field of interest.
Brave HQ will endeavour to assist all tutors to further their skills by providing regular supervision and professional development.