There are many reasons for people to seek counselling with a psychologist for themselves, or for their child or family. We focus on joining our clients on their journey, so they can feel safe to explore their past, present and future.
It is often what people notice and experience that prompts them to seek the care and support of a psychologist, such as:
- Concerning behaviours
- Obvious changes in typical behaviour
- Signs of anxiety or depression
- Low self-esteem and body image confidence
- Family issues i.e. separation or divorce, restricted access to a parent, parenting difficulties, tense or difficult relationships
- Problematic peer relationships or social skills
- School refusal
- Slow or delayed milestone development
- Academic underachievement
Individual therapy aims to:
- Enable deeper layers of understanding of the self and the world around the person
- Develop healthier ways of coping and functioning for the individual
Child and Family Therapy aims to:
- Explore the interactive effect of family and immediate relationships.
- Develop awareness of a young person’s personality and environment, and impacts on their growth and development.
- Determine the need for parental or wider family support to more effectively address the source of challenges.